Monday, June 18, 2012

A Week Packed With Blessings!

Ok so this week was pretty packed with spiritual blessings, but I want to start off by saying that I have the best dad in the world. I felt bad that I didn't include that in my email last week, but I hope that you had an awesome day. You are one of the best examples in my life, and the reason why I have had the success that I have had in my life. I don't know where you got to be so smart. I hope that one day I will be able to raise kids in the way that you did, and also show the love and respect to my wife like you always did with mom. I don't think you could have done anything better in raising me and I am eternally grateful for what you have done. It was kind of weird not to be with you on father's day, so I just had to make my comp breakfast in bed instead! haha. Well So yesterday was the baptism of Rocio, and let me tell you something... It was SWEET! It was one of the most spiritual experiences that I have had here on the mission. One of the reasons was because I have been studying a lot the talks that were given in this past priesthood conference, that just talk about what the priesthood is, and why we have it. It was awesome to be able to see Gerardo exercise the priesthood that he had just been given about 3 hours before, when he was able to perform his wife (Rocio')s baptism! I have reallly learned a lot about the power of the priesthood, and what a wonderful blessing it is in our lives. A lot of times we take it for granted, but it really is the power of God on this earth to carry out His work! So Gerardo was just awesome and he had practiced the prayer and everything probably about 100 times. He kept asking me just to make sure he had it right! haha. But he did a wonderful job, and it was a great experience for everyone who was there. Ok Also something else that was really amazing were the miracles that just showed up at church yesterday. On saturday night, again we had no body progressing and had nobody to bring to church with us. I mean we have been working extremely hard, but really have been struggling on bringing new people to the church. By the way my comp elder hirst is my favorite comp and he and i get along so well! He is really nice and freaking hilarious. We are always just having a really fun time together. Amyways, so on Saturday, again we got down and began to pray together for miracles, and also in my personal prayers I was just pleading with my Heavenly Father for a miracle the next day at church. Well, we got to church and no one was there that we haven't seen before, until the second hour, when I see this less active hermana that I had visited just one time before! She has been going through a rough time lately, and has decided to come back to church, and to bring all of her kids along with her. She has two kids that have never been baptized and they have been to the church for the past couple weeks, and want to get baptized on Sunday! How crazy is that? NO one can tell me that God didn't answer my prayers on this one! I was so pumped, and the day was topped off with the baptism of Rocio! Wow what a day yesterday! Well that is about it! Can you believe that I am completing one year on friday!!! That is so nuts. Yeah we are going to be partying it up! I am going to burn one of my shirts and I think we might go for tacos with my zone leaders or something! Time flies too fast! I got a lot of work to still be done! Mom I did get the hump-day package, but I am not opening it until the 22nd! Yep I am pumped to see my gift from the jim jam! haha. love you all, Elder Boss Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment