Monday, March 18, 2013

March 10th - A Crazy Busy Week!



f



How are you guys doing???

I am doing pretty well, but I like how dad asked me if I've caught up on my sleep that i needed! I got a good laugh out of that!  This was definitely not the week to do that. But I did just take a little nap for about an hour or so, so I am feeling a lot better. This week was a crazy busy week! The time seems to go by so fast, that I don't even remember everything that happened in this last week. It was also filled with a couple of diferent adventures. 

I would like to start by adressing one of dads questions of what we do on p-day. Well it is a lot diferent because we are the only missionaries with their p-day on Saturday instead of Monday so we really cant do anything with the other missionaries. So these last couple weeks we have been visiting converts of my comp and what not. Last week we went to make some pizzas with one of his converts and that was really fun. I will send you guys along the photos of the sweet pizzas that we made. And you might be asking why haven't you visited some of your converts, and the answer is that we are going to go visit them today because it is the baptism of Karla at 6 in the afternoon, Mayra and Adrian's daughter, my converts in Tepozatlan. She just turned 8 years old about a week ago, and my comp Elder Neyra who was with me when we baptized Mayra, came down from Tijuana to baptize Karla. SO that is going to be a really fun afternoon. I hope to see most of my converts from Tepo there in the baptismal service. Great stuff! 

Ok now i am sure you guys are just anxious to hear about the week! On Monday we got to go down with President to the airport to pick up six new american missionaries that got here to the field. Let me tell you, it was soooo Weird to be in the airport to pick all of them up. I havent been there since I was first getting here over a year and a half ago. They are all extremely excited to be here in Mexico. They had been serving in Ogden for about 4 weeks when their visas finally got there. It was fun to see their faces as we went back to the house of President. I remember just looking out and soaking all of the mexican culture in. We stopped off at a little tienda and bought them a bunch of mexican treats. We went back to presidents house and ate. They then had all their interviews, and then we came back to the offices so that they could sleep before their big next day. The next day we had the training meeting and they all then found out who was going to be their trainers. During the meeting, I received a call from Elder Hyde and Elder Smith in Queretaro. They told us that Elder Smith was really sick and that he wasn't going to be able to give the zone capacitation tomorrow there in Queretaro. When the meeting was finishing up, and they were all going to their areas, we got another call from them and found out that Elder Smith went to draw some blood at a little hospital, and then had gone to the bathroom to do a urine test, when he fainted and smacked his face on the toilet. Well with that bad fall, we found out that he had broken his nose and that he was going to need surgery. So Instead of following with the normal plans that we had, we had to travel up to Queretaro real quick so that I could go to some meetings with the Stake Presidents, while my comp stayed with Elder Smith in the hospital. I stayed the night in my old house there in Queretaro (just like old times with my bud Elder Hyde) and then the next day, I went to give the junta to all the elders there in Queretaro. They were all really surprised to see me there!

While i was up there in Queretaro in the church building, I saw an hermana that was good friends with the Amaya family (my converts whose member friend had died). She calls up one of my converts right then on the phone, and before I knew it, she was there in the church to say hi to me! haha. It was Viviana. We talked just for a minute because we then had to have the juntas with president. I was able to talk to the rest of them on the phone though, and they were all excited to hear from me. It was crazy how that worked out. The next day I went to eat with a great family there and I went to say hi to a couple of my converts. They all seemed to be doing awesome. We then went back to the hospital where we found Elder Smith getting out of surgery, so we just had to take some pics with him!!  My comp and I then traveled back here to the state of Mexico and got here at about 9 o clock at night! Thursday and Friday we studied in the mornings with new missionaries and we just had the afternoon to work and find new people. But it has been extremely hard to find people to teach in our area. When we are here we are working like crazy, but we haven't seen much success. I think that guy named Angel that I told you about will get baptized next week, but that is the only person we have right now. Well I think that is about it.  It was a pretty crazy week, but filled with some great and tough experience. 

Love you all,
Elder Holmes

PICS INCLUDE:  Making pizzas with Elder Hurst; Making sure one of our converts never forgets me; getting the new missionaries some mexican snacks; visiting Elder Smith in the hospital; the baptism of Karlita!

No comments:

Post a Comment