Monday, May 20, 2013

It Was Great SEEING You all Last Week!




Sorry I've missed posting Scott's last few letters.  We had a GREAT Skype with him on Mother's Day. He's doing great - no surprise!  His very best friend in the mission was just called to be his comp - again - and Scott is thrilled!  They are both just loving life together!  

Thanks, as always, for your love and support.   xoxo - Carolann

May 18, 2013......

HEY FAMILY,

I have a bunch of Happy Birthday shout outs to give today!!! Happy Birthday to Chris Cassity today, MY DAD tomorrow, Mike Winters on tuesday, MY BRO andrew on wednesday and Uncle Mitch on Friday!  It is sure a busy week of birthdays!  I hope that you guys all have special days! I love you sooo much! 

SO this week was a CRAZY week! We had tons of things going on, and i only slept in my house like once!  This wednesday a bunch of the missionaries went home, and whenever they go home, we have to sleep here in the offices and they don't even want to go to bed because it is their last night in the mission! SO it is always hard to sleep, and it was also fun to talk with Elder Messner before he went home.  He has been a great friend to me, and I am excited to go back and study with him at BYU, as well.  I will send you guys some pictures today of us with his parents! SO his parents came for him, as well as the family of an elder named Elder Tebow.  Let's just say that I am the most AWKWARD person ever now.  I think that I almost kissed their dads right on the lips because the hug down here is to the right instead of the left!! haha. I don't know what I am going to do when I get home!  SO everyone that is reading this email, just know that most likely I will hug you with my head to the right, and it will probably be the most awkward hug of your whole life!! haha. 

So then after all that, Elder Hyde and I didn't have a single day that we were alone.  We did get to work a little bit in our area, and we got some good references from the hermanas in the activity we had on Wednesday for all of the moms, so we hope to see some more success.  I am so grateful for the first-hand knowledge I have received of the wonderful blessings that a mission brings!  

This next week we are going to have the baptism of Regina, the daughter of the hermano that I told you guys about last week on skype! She is super excited about it, and I am super happy for her and her family! Her brother gets home from his mission on Wednesday night, and he is going to baptize her the same night before being released. It will be a really special night for them.  She has been waiting forever to get baptized, and is just the cutest little girl! I will send you all the pictures next week! 

Everything is going great for me, and I am really enjoying my time with Elder Hyde, and in this area.  My back definitely is feeling ready to go home, but I will keep working hard until the end.  You guys will probably have to pick me up in an ambulance, like Elder Holland said, but it is worth it! I  have felt really bad pains in my back, but its not like a sore back kind of pain! I don't really know what it is, but one of the doctors who is in my ward told me to drink more water, so now I am just pounding water!

I love you all so much,

Love,

Elder holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment