Monday, January 30, 2012

I'm Really Close to Being Able to Roll My R's!

Well I would like to start out like always with the happy birthday shout outs!! This week we have Bryan Padua on the second and Mear Bear padua on the third! I hope that you both have fantastic birthdays and that you both know that I will be thinking of you! And mom, your birthday is coming right up here soon. My comp Elder Ostergaard has the same birthday as you. But unfortunately for him, I think I will be going from this area next monday, the day before his birthday. But who knows. There still is the possibility that I will stay here in Queretaro, which wouldn't be too sad, because it is pretty legit here. I have some great converts and friends here.

Oh btw, mom, i want you to send me my old furry sheets! haha. It isn't super cold but all of the houses are made of brick so they are pretty chilly usually. I was thinking about my furry sheets last night when it was actually pretty cold, and how nice it would have been to have them to crawl into!

Well as for the week, it was a pretty good one. Roman was baptized on Saturday and received the confirmation on Sunday. The service went pretty well, but he didn't want too many people there, so it was really small. He was pretty happy about it. Also we had another guy that contacted us in the street and he is also progressing along well. All of my converts are doing well. It is a little hard because we have church at 8 in the morning. So sometimes it is hard to get all of them to church, but for the most part, they are all doing really well. Oh yeah and like 2 weeks ago one guy came to church all by himself. He is the dad of one of the members in our ward. This member had told me that he had sent like 10 different missionaries to the house of his parents and that they were never successful with him. SO this guy approaches me in church and asks me what I did to get his dad to church. I was like what? Who is your dad? haha. He had just come all by himself! Of course, we started to teach him more this week and when we got to the word of wisdom, he told us that he had a big problem with cigarettes. His name is Augustine, btw! We taught him the word of wisdom last week and had him write down his goals of what he was going to do. Well to this day, he hasn't smoked a single cigarette. He was smoking like packs before. It is really amazing what we all can do with the help of the Lord. The next obstacle for him is going to be getting married. It is another situation where they have been together for 35 years and still aren't married! So we will see how things work out with him this week. Well, that is all that i can really think of as far as what is going on here.

Thanks so much for the pictures you sent. Wow Christian looks so much older! I love the pic of him where he is about to fall asleep right there in the band concert! haha. That's my boy! And hey, a big congrats to Spencer Groner! That is really so awesome that he exercised his faith and is doing so well!

Today we went to bowl in the morning and then we went out to lunch as a district! It was really fun, but i didn't bowl too well! Oh well, everything is going great for me here. I do still have those days where i feel like my spanish still bites! But i definitely have come a long way! I am really close to being able to roll my r's. haha.! I love you all and miss you lots!

Elder holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment