Monday, February 6, 2012

Bye-Bye Queretaro!

Hey there and happy birthday to momma dog! What are you finally turning 40 this week or what? I lost count! haha. You look great from all of the photos that you have sent me! I hope that your birthday is just fantastic and I want you to know that I am thinking about you! Sure love you mommy!

Ok well as you can see from my title of the email, I have left Queretaro and I am now in the Estado of Mexico, in a place called Cautitlan, which is where the mission offices are. I am comps with an elder whose name is Elder Cruz and it seems like he is a great guy. Everything that I have heard about him is extremely positive, and I think we will get along really well. Well let's just say that it was a little bit hard to leave my city of Queretaro! I had been there for so long that I knew all the guys names at the taco stands, and when I would be walking down the street, random people would just shout out my name! haha. I was a bit famous there. And now I go back to not knowing anyone! Oh well, yesterday in the morning I found out that I was going to leave. I had a great opportunity to bear my testimony in church and then after me, Yolanda got up and bore her testimony! It was so freaking powerful and it almost made me cry. The spirit in that moment and the happiness that was felt was undescribable. I had many people extremely sad that I was going to be leaving. Many people were crying, including me at a couple of times! haha. I was going to cry, but when we went by with Jazmin´s family, I was saying by to all of them when all of the kids started to cry! It so wasn't fair! You know me. I am a baby when it comes to goodbyes. Some of the hardest ones to say goodbye to were Roman, Alan and Sara. They were so nice to us and I had a really special bond with them. Everyone was extremely sweet and thoughtful with me though, including my bishop. I talked with him for a bit and he just told me, "just keep doing what you are doing. You did an amazing job here and your Heavenly Father is really proud of you and your work!" It was nice to talk with him as well before I left. I ate like 10 times on Sunday and I probably gained another couple of pounds! haha. And of course the Castillo family was sure tough to say goodbye to. They were like my family here and they are such wonderful people. I met so many awesome people in Queretaro and I really will never forget them. They will be a part of my life forever, that's for sure. Mom, you should see my book. It is so legit. The problem is is that I don't know if it will be able to fit everyone on my mission! It is already pretty loaded with really fun pictures and writings of all the people.

The work went pretty well this week and I left the area still in pretty good shape. My new area here though is massive. It is completely different from Queretaro. In Queretaro it was really flat and safe, and here it is extremely hilly and is supposedly a little bit dangerous. But the good news is that maybe I will lose some weight here with all of the hills! haha. I have the same feelings right now as I did when I left on the mission. It is weird but I am way excited. Supposedly we have some pretty good people here and the area is doing well. We are living in a pretty legit house that the members rent to us so everything should be really good. I don't think there is much else to say. To wrap up the week in just a couple words, there were lots of water works! haha. Oh and mom, I never did receive that package, but I will just end up sending all of the letters to Elder Ostergaard and he can give them to the different families. I sure experienced a happiness this week unlike any other. Yeah, there is no way I would rather be anywhere else.

I love you all. Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment