Thursday, July 7, 2011

Week 2: "Getting the Hang of It"

Hey Everyone!

Well this week was another successful one. Saturday night we had a 4th of July activity that was so awesome and the spirit was way strong there. Then afterwards we got to go outside and watch the fireworks and eat ice cream and we didn't get into our rooms till like 11. That was the most freedom we have had in a while! haha. Then sunday night we had a fireside where Elder Oaks daughter played the violin for all of us. She is like top 10 violinists in the world! She was so legit.

The spanish is really pretty hard but i am working at it. We taught our first lesson in spanish the other day just to one of the kids in the advanced class and he was not very nice to say the least! He wasn't too complimentary about our spanish but its whatevs. haha. At least we did it and now i have a little more confidence in teaching. My teachers are really great and do a good job of inviting the spirit.

Some kid in gym broke his ankle in gym this week and it was like fully twisted to the side. He thinks he will have to go home. He isn't in my district but i just saw it all happen. I saw elder Maguett today for the first time so that was way fun. And then the fun of the week really came with what happened yesterday to me. My mission president called me into his office and told me that i was getting a new companion just for the night. They had some problems with a companionship in the other district, so they decided to put the kid with me. He is actually being sent home today because he is a patheological liar. He told his old companion that he was going to kill him! They didn't want any conflict so they decided to put him with me! yeah i got a great night sleep last night as he was sleeping right above me in the bunks! not! haha. He was a nice guy, but literally cried on me the whole night and tried to convince me to do things that i knew he wasn't supposed to be doing! Well its a long story but that is the jist of things and i am still alive to write you this email so i guess that is a good thing! haha.

My Companion, Elder Watson, is doing well and we get along way good. After having that kid for a night i can literally handle anything i think! It was one of the hardest things of my life but a good experience. I know the Lord works in mysterious ways and we all have to grow somehow. My companion falls asleep all the time though so i am constantly having to wake him up! haha. I didn't think you could get any worse than me, but i haven't really fallen asleep in class or anything since i have been here! pretty impressive huh?

I got to go off campus the other day to take elder Coley to the doctors office. I rode in a car for the first time in a couple weeks. It was a big deal! haha. Well everything else is going just dandy for me. I am loving the experience. And oh yeah, my mission president seemed like a pretty nice guy. These emails are probably so jumbled up but i am still getting the hang of it!

Well love you lots,
Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment