Monday, April 16, 2012

Happy Easter Family!

Well shout out to Mark Lewis! Sorry, I totally missed your birthday this past Saturday and I feel really bad, but I hope that you had an awesome day uncle mark!! And also I hope that you all had a wonderful Easter and that you could really remember what our Savior did for each one of us. My being here in Mexico is a bit different. The first Easter parade I saw here was a little bit shocking and a lot different from the states. There were guys walking down the streets and people following them. whipping them with cords extremely hard. It seemed terrible! And some places take it to the extreme and actually crucify someone. They like pampered him for a whole year with things like a new house and car and everything and then they end up sacrificing him. I wouldn't ever want to sign up for that job! But as for me, it was nice to be able to think about how my Savior still lives and what all that actually really means to me! I am so in debt to him, and so maybe these two years and the suffering I sometimes have, will help pay off the great debt that I have to Him.

So our investigator Ros came to church and everything is looking more than good. He was telling everyone in the church about his baptism on Tuesday and they announced it at the pulpit and everything. But then afterwards, one of his good friends reminded him that he has school on tuesday night. haha. He had forgotten since they had been on vacations so we have moved it to this Thursday. And unless some really big trial comes along, this Thursday he will be getting baptized, and then he and Reina will be confirmed on Sunday.

Actually today we went with ros to buy my new suit and it is the most boss suit ever! I will send the pic along with the email!
The weeks have been pretty hard and we haven't been having too much success, but it has been a good learning experience for both Elder Rojas and me. One of our zone leaders actually just went home today and he was a really awesome kid so we will for sure miss him but we should be getting a new one today. The zone leaders are actually in our district! I don't know if I have said that before but I sure do learn a lot from them. On Friday i did an exchange with the one that went home today and it was really great experience as well. Time is just flying by here, but it is starting to get even hotter! This friday we have a zone conference so that should be good. I really can't think of anything else that is going on right now! so I hope that everything is going well for you guys! i love you a lot.

Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment