Thursday, April 26, 2012

Time is Flying By!

Hey guys! I am so glad that you all had such a great time in utah with sean's homecoming and everything. It sounds like that you really were just living the life. Hey, if i am not mistaken, my aunt tammy has her birthday this week on the 25th. I hope that you have a great day! Well Mom i am in the stake of Tepalcalpa and i am in the ward Lomas de Cuatitlan. I dont know why you wanted to know that, but there are like four other wards that go to our same church, so it is always packed with members! I am not going to lie, this week wasn't as eventful as last week, but it did seem to just go by in the blink of an eye. Honestly, the time goes by just so flippen fast sometimes and yesterday i completed 10 months in the mission! I can't even believe that. I still have a lot to do and the time is going by just a little bit too quickly! So this week the miracle we had was a young girl named Carmen. We have been teaching her and her mom, but she has been the one that has really progressed a ton. I mean she is only 16 years old and most girls at that age are doing some pretty dumb stuff, but she is just awesome. The other day she invited some of her friends from the school to come to her baptism which is scheduled for the 13th of May (which btws, is the day that I am going to be able to skype you guys, which is going to be so boss. and yes, mom I have a place to use the computer and everything.) So Carmen is doing really awesome and she and her mom came to church with us yesterday, but the mom isn't married and her husband really doesn't want to get married, so that is really the only problem with her. We found a couple other really good investigators this week that I hope will be able to progress, because most weren't able to come to church yesterday with us. So changes are next week and who knows what is going to happen. My district right now is so awesome and I love my district leader and his comp, Elder Hyde, who is from the same generation as my comp, Elder Rojas. Actually, I think this week went by so fast because we did a couple of intercambios and so i was working with my district leader, as well as his comp, for a couple days, which was a great learning experience, as always. A bunch of leaders from the mission will be going home this week in this change so we will see what happens with like my district leader and everything. We also went to play soccer today for pday and the other district in our zone isn't half as cool as our district! haha. We have been working like crazy and I really feel myself becoming a better missionary everyday! I love being a missionary so much and definitely enjoy receiving the blessings that are just waiting for me here in this area. It will be interesting to see what happens with this change that is coming up. Ok so this is just a little random but dad, I think i received some revelation for you and the family! haha. You need to buy a fish tank. haha. Like everyday this last week I went to houses with these boss fish tanks, or saw them in the street, and I was just thinking about how it has always been your dream to have a cool fish tank and I thought that you definitely need to buy one! haha. But get one that like covers the whole wall and put a nice shark in it for me before I come home! haha. Well, I love you all so much and i appreciate all of the support! Everything is going well for me and I am glad that you are all doing well. Love you tons, Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment