Monday, April 2, 2012

Tons of Blessings from the Lord!


So whats up family!!

SO wasn't the conference this weekend was just amazing? I was expecting letters from all of the bros today when one of the talks yesterday was all about sending letters to those who are far away! Haha. But then i realized that you guys didn't even get to see that session, so that must be why i didnt have a bunch of letters from all of the brothers i guess!

Well to start off, the week was tough!!!! It was another week that just pushed me to the limits and had me down on my knees crying in a couple of different moments, but was all topped off by tons of blessings from the Lord, in the form of talks by the prophet and church leaders, as well as the baptism of Reina. I have to say it was one of the most special baptisms I have had so far on my mission. Reina was a true testimony of someone who was chosen by God to hear the gospel. My comp, Elder Rojas, got to baptize her, which was the first baptism he has ever performed, so it was also a really special moment for him. If you could have been there to hear her words after her baptism, your testimony on baptism and missionary work would have mulitiplied by about 10. She shared with me all of her thoughts and she started to cry a little. She also talked with our investigator Ros (Daniel) and said that it was unlike anything you could ever do in your whole life. I think Ros was really touched by it. It was a great day, but she won't be confirmed until the 15th, because she is going on a family trip this weekend and won't be here for Sunday, but she is just so excited and really awesome.

Well as for conference, it was a really awesome experience for me. I watched all but one of the sessions in spanish, because our ward house didn't have it in english. It is a little different in spanish and doesn't have the same emotions as it does in english, but I was able to learn a ton from it. They talked a ton about families in this conference and how we need to teach everyone the importance of the family, and the invaluable time that is spent with them. Also, mom and dad, you will need to watch the second session of conference on Sunday, which had an awesome talk about the role of parents and how we should raise our kids. As I listened, though, I realized that you guys do a pretty dang good job at it, if not a perfect job! I love and respect both of you so much for the amazing example that you have set and the way you have raised all of us boys.

Ok well so after the conference we had an FHE with Ros and a couple of the members from our ward. We had an extremely powerful lesson and we could all feel the spirit really strong. Ros said that he knows that these feelings were his answer from God that he should finally be baptized into his church. LIke I said, this young man has met with the missionaries a ton and knows everything, but for the last year and a half, he hasn't attended the church. But last night we challenged him with a baptismal date for next tuesday and he seemed really sincere about it. I really hope he can face all of the trials that will come his way and be able to be baptized! He is an awesome kid.

Today we went to play tennis with Ros, which was really fun, and my first time in 10 months almost! Well that is about it! I want you all to know that I absolutely know that Thomas S. Monson is the only person on the face of this earth that holds all of the keys necessary to be the prophet of God here on the earth. Without a doubt in my mind, I know this church is not only true, but the only church on the face of this planet with the power to seal families together for time and all eternity. Anyone who doubts this just needs to read the Book of Mormon and pray to God with a real intent, and they also will know the truthfulness of these things. I love you all.

Elder holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment