Monday, March 26, 2012

Great Week in Mexico!

Hey guys!

Well so I'll bet you have all been waiting on the edge of your seats this whole week to find out what was with that story that I was going to tell you but I first want to start out with a little birthday shout out to Auntie Claire, The love of my life! haha. I hope it's a great day for you Clairabell. And also I am really glad that Auntie Mary is winning the march madness pull right now! That's my girl! And then on a serious note, to Aunt Marisa, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I sure love you and pray that you and your family will be at peace with her passing.

Ok so I just didn't want to write you guys about Reina until this week, because I didn't want to get my hopes up but, she is so boss. I contacted her about 4 weeks ago in the street, and she was really nice when I contacted her, so we tried to visit her a couple of different times. She wasn't there like the first three times we visited her, and I thought that she was just putting up a bunch of pretexts, but for some reason I just felt prompted to go by her house one more time before we just called it quits. Well that last time she let us in, and we had a great lesson with her, and one of her daughters named Brenda. It was a good first lesson, but not anything out of the ordinary. SO she came to church last week and I wasn't able to really talk to her about all of her questions because she left pretty fast, and because of that, I didn't want to get too excited about her last week. But then on Tuesday night we had an FHE with them and our ward mission leader, where we watched the Joseph Smith movie. It was an awesome night, and we also put a date for baptism with her daughter Brenda in a couple of weeks. Well then throughout the week, Reina has just grown soo much. She is really a chosen one that was just so prepared to hear the gospel. In one of our lessons she said, "should i feel bad that I didn't have the amazing opportunity to hear this message earlier in my life, so I could have taught my kids like the families I see in the church!" This comment made my testimony grow so much in that there are so many people just waiting for this gospel and I just need to find them. So everything looks great for her baptism this week for conference weekend, which will be a really special experience as well. I am pumped out of my mind to listen to conference btws.

Oh yeah and you guys asked about Andres! He is sooooo BOSS! haha. He took all of the youth hiking this weekend! Then yesterday in church he was set apart to be 2nd counselor in the young men's program. The transition into the ward has been picture perfect. He is preparing to receive the melchizedic priesthood and he is just the man.

Oh yeah and we also found a kid this week who's like 24 years old named Daniel, who had met with the missionaries about 2 years ago and was about to get baptized, but never did. Well this week I was looking through the area book and was impressed that we should go and visit him. Well we did and he just seems so golden! He came with us to church in a freaking suit and just looked super fly! haha. I hope that he will be able to drop a few things this time to be able to be baptized. He was talking to one of his friends from the church on Thursday, a girl who is in our ward, about how he wanted to come back to church. And then on Friday we show up at his door. Some might say "what a coincidence" but I know it is the Lord giving him another chance. I will let you know how things go with him, as well.

Oh also you asked about the earthquake! Yeah it was so crazy. I was in a house and the roof started caving in and stuff and we were super lucky to get everyone out before it just totally collapsed! The entire house! NO i am just kidding! haha. I didn't even feel a thing. We were in a bus and they are so bad at driving down here, so i couldn't distinguish between the tremble of the earthquake and the guys crappy driving skills! haha. But I guess a bridge in the distrito federal fell and crushed a comvee or something like that. Well nothing much else is new with me. I hope you all liked this weeks email! and I hope you guys enjoy conference! I can't wait. I sure love you all

Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment